Since losing our Lily in August, I have been researching and finding resources, websites, and books for myself and others to help heal from the loss and grief we have experienced. I am proactively setting myself up for healing by scheduling grace after my miscarriage.
How to Schedule Grace After Your Miscarriage
One resource I found recently on Adriel Booker’s site while looking up her new book is called Letters to a Grieving Mom. I loved this idea so much and wanted to share it with all of you and tell you how I set my letters up to be delivered.
First, at the time this post is going to publish, not all of the letters are available…so, bookmark the site so you can check back and finish adding or reading the ones you missed.
The ones I added were: Baby’s Birthday (the anniversary of our miscarriage date), Mother’s Day, and Baby’s Due Date…the other’s there are for dates like when your period returns and when you are invited to a friend’s baby shower.
Here are the steps I took:
- Ok…so, from the link above, I went to the site and clicked on the first letter. I did not read it!
- I copied the URL
- Then went to the corresponding date in my digital calendar and made an entry that said: Read Today.
- I set the time for the “appointment” for earlier than my wake up time so that it is alerting me when I look at my phone first thing.
- Then I copied the URL into the URL space on my calendar (if yours does not have a URL space, just use the Notes area).
- I repeated this for each of the Letters available
A few of these are not a specific date that you can schedule…but, I believe there are enough resources on Adriel’s site that you will visit it more than once!
Other Letter Ministries
I also wanted to mention here a couple of places to register for real letters and cards that will be sent from a couple ministries that I found. These are such a treasured blessing!
Genesis and Joy will send handmade cards on any date you request…birthday, due date, Mother’s Day.
Joy Comes in the Morning is a letter ministry that sends letters periodically after a woman has a miscarriage…I have received two letters and they were precious in their timing!
Hopefully, these few ideas will give you some sweet surprises over the next few months and as special milestone dates come, you will have something to encourage you in your grief.
Remember how much you are loved, dear Mama!
Leave a Reply